Tuesday, November 22, 2011

He has arrived!!

First of all, I would like to say how amazing I think Amazon is, from the moment I ordered my Elf on the Shelf, they estimated the arrival time to be between the 17th of November and the 1st of December. I checked his shipping status, it said he had arrived in the country 4 days earlier, and that the estimated time of arrival was the 17th of November. He arrived on my doorstep on the 17th of November, see, amazing!


I saw him sitting on my shoe rack, Phoebe didn't. I hurried him inside without her noticing and while she went to the toilet I quickly unwrapped him. I seriously think I am way more excited than she will be when she sees him. I wanted to show her that very moment, but with help from my friends, I've seen the error of my ways and have decided he shall re-arrive on our doorstep from Santa the night before the 1st of December. He was also a lot bigger than I expected (I hear the internet can make you look smaller, lol!).

A few of my friends have now ordered their own, some which their kids were now younger. I have sooooo many plans for him!! When he arrives, we have to name him online and adopt him (I hope his name is not Riley, Phoebe has named every doll in this house Riley). Then, each day he looks over her from somewhere in the house. At night, he returns to the North Pole to report back to Santa. But best of all, he can't be touched, it may take away his magic and he might not be able to return!


Thanks to Pinterest again, I have so many fun things I can and am going to do with our little guy each morning. I don't know really who is going to be having more fun, Phoebe or I! I love Christmas, and now it is going to be a little more fun and special with this new tradition we are about to begin. Stay tuned from December when I start to blog about his adventures at our house!

Have you got a family Christmas tradition?
Bel x

2 comments:

Andrea | no frills mum said...

I linked to your blog in my post about Elf on the Shelf Bel. We are so excited that our own little elves came in the mail today!
Now what to name him...hmm?!

Love reading your blog too!

Life at no2 said...

Oh thanks! Can't wait to see what his name will be, will check in on you too and see what yours ends up being!!

Post a Comment

No, seriously, all comments are greatly appreciated and I do read them all! B x

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com